Adult Education Eye Care and Medical Assisting Technology Programs Start January 2022
Eye Care Assistant
If you would like working with patients in an office setting, consider becoming an Eye Care/Ophthalmic Assistant. An Eye Care Assistant is a key member of a healthcare team that helps provide quality eye care to patients in eye care facilities. Duties of an Eye Care Assistant could include administering eye exams and eye medications and instructing the patient in care and use of corrective lenses. These sought after healthcare professionals earn a median wage of $18.24 an hour.
- Classes start January 3, 2022. Students need to enroll by December 15, 2021. Call 937.854.6297 to get started on your career!
- Learn more at http://www.mvctc.com/ae/programs/career/ot.
Medical Assisting Technology
Medical Assisting Technologists work under the direction of a physician to perform important clinical duties such as taking vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examinations, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by a doctor. These important medical professionals could start out at a wage of over $17 per hour.
- If this opportunity interests you, call 937.854.6297 to learn more about your new career! Classes start January 3, 2022. Students need to enroll by December 15, 2021.
- Learn more at http://www.mvctc.com/ae/programs/career/ma.
Enrolling at MVCTC is as easy as 1-2-3! Simply follow the steps below and let our trained counselors help jump-start your journey.
- Call the Adult Education Office at 937-854-6297 to schedule your FREE entrance test. Assessments can be scheduled Monday through Friday; with morning, afternoon and evening appointments available. Please call for availability.
- Complete a three-part ACT WorkKeys assessment (allow 3 1/2 hours for the assessment). More information about WorkKeys tests can be
found by going to https://jobseeker.ohiomeansjobs.monster.com/Assessments/Home.aspx
- Schedule a meeting with an Adult Ed Career Advisor to discuss your WorkKeys results and your preference in Career Program offerings. Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Information on Financial Aid and FAFSA assistance is provided.
- Click here to schedule a Background Check. -- Please do not schedule your background check until Steps 1, 2, and 3 above have been completed.