SN@P is a mobile computing concept that provides junior and senior students at the Miami Valley Career Technology Center with a notebook computer. Over 2,000 students are currently participating in the School Notebook @ccess Program. SN@P places technology in the hands of each individual students, enhancing their productivity, education and overall competitiveness in the work place.
After careful consideration, it has been decided that all Junior students who will be returning to the MVCTC next year will be allowed to keep their SN@P computers over the summer. It is very important that all students realize that the SN@P computers are the responsibility of the student during the summer break. If you have any repair issues with your computer, please make sure that you bring them to the Service Center before the end of the school year. Please follow these guidelines over the summer to ensure that you have a SN@P computer to use when you return in the fall:
• Store your laptop in its bag in your home in a secure place
• Never store your laptop in your car
• Do not loan your computer out to others for use (remember YOU are responsible)
• If your laptop becomes damaged or in need of repair over the summer, place it in the bag and store in a secure place for the remainder of the summer. Bring it to the SN@P Service Center as soon as possible once school starts.
• Always keep your network card in the inside pocket of your storage bag. You will not need to use it at all during the summer.
If you do not want to keep your SN@P computer over the summer, it must be turned in at the SN@P Service Center during the last week of school – May 22-25.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please come to the SN@P Service Center. Have a great summer and enjoy the privilege of having your computer over the summer break.