The MVCTC Precision Machining program prepares you for a career in manufacturing as a precision machinist, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machinist, or robotics technician.
Precision machining relies on the use of advanced, computerized machine tools to achieve demanding tolerances and create complex cuts with a high degree of repeatability and accuracy. This can be achieved by using automated computer numerical control (CNC) machine tools. Students will also have the opportunity to see the application of robotics and advanced manufacturing and learn FANUC, Kuka, and Yaskawa Robotics.
The manufacturing industry is an in-demand career pathway in the Miami Valley. Manufacturing/Machining jobs offer competitive pay and benefits.
ACT WorkKeys Levels required for admission: Workplace Documents Level 4; Applied Mathematics Level 4; Graphic Literacy Level 4
- Read and analyze engineering drawings.
- Operate a variety of conventional machine tools
- Use precision measuring and inspection instruments
- Perform milling operations in an appropriate sequence
- Demonstrate the skills and critical thinking techniques to set up, operate, and tear down manual, automatic, or computer numeric controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Perform lathe operations in a sequence
- Demonstrate conventional CNC machining with enhancements in CNC programming
- Write a CNC program
- Obtain Robotics Industrial Certification
Courses Taught: Blueprint and Math 1, Machine Shop 1, Blueprint and Math 2, Machine Shop 2, Introduction to CNC Machining and Programming, CNC 1, Blueprint and Math 3, Machine Shop 3, and Robotics
- Class Schedule
- Tuesday through Thursday, 5:30 - 10:00 pm
- Program Costs
- $12,868 (Financial aid is available for those who qualify) (Pell & Stafford funding authorized by US Department of Education)
- Employment Rate
- 100% Based on data reported to the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Salary Range
- $28,600 - $65,200 annually Based on data from O*Net Online
- Meets Program Criteria on Work Force Training Assessment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Drug Screen from ArcPoint Lab
- Emergency Information Form
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed FAFSA (Student Aid Report)
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed Loan Counseling
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed MPN (Master Promissory Note)