The MVCTC Dental Assisting adult education program will teach students to prepare dental equipment and sterilization, prepare patients for treatment, assist the dentist during treatment, provide patients with instructions for oral healthcare procedures. In addition, students will learn to perform dental X-rays, schedule appointments, keep treatment records, and order supplies and materials.
Successful students will receive their radiographer’s certification and is a Registered Dental Assistant through American Medical Technologists.
Accreditation: Council on Occupational Education (COE).
ACT WorkKeys Levels required for admission: Workplace Documents Level 4; Applied Mathematics Level 4; Graphic Literacy Level 4
- Utilize dental assisting skills in providing safe, prudent care to meet patients’ dental needs.
- Demonstrate competency and critical thinking in the performance of dental skills.
- Utilize effective interpersonal relationships with clients, peers, and members of a health care team.
- Recognize the importance of professional growth by acquiring knowledge and skills through continuing education.
- Consistently demonstrate professional behavior as a member of a health care team.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills required to pass the Ohio Dental Assisting Certification examination.
Dental Health Sciences, Preventive practices in Dentistry, Comprehensive Dentistry, Business Administration, Comprehensive Review, Dental Radiology, Clinical Externship
Adult Health Occupations Coordinator
- Class Schedule
- Mon/Tues/Wed, 6:00 - 10:00 pm (144 hours of externship will occur outside of regular class hours.)
- Program Costs
- $7,900* (Financial aid is available for those who qualify) *Program costs are subject to change due to unforeseen changes in product or service cost.
- Employment Rate
- 100% Based on data reported to the Council on Occupational Education (COE)
- Salary Range
- $29,000 - $62,200 annually Based on data from O*Net Online
- Meets Program Criteria on Work Force Training Assessment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Signed receipt for Background Check done at MVCTC
- Observed Drug Screen from ArcPoint Lab
- Emergency Information Form
- Covid-19 Form
- Physical Examination
- Immunization: 2-Step TB
- Immunization: Hep B #1; #2 and #3 or HEPLISAV - B #1 and #2
- Immunization: Influenza
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed FAFSA (Student Aid Report)
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed Loan Counseling
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed MPN (Master Promissory Note)
- Sinclair Community College EFDA program
Industry Standard Certificates
- Registered Dental Assistant through American Medical Technologists
- Dental Assistant Radiographer