Registered Nurse Diploma
The Registered Nurse Diploma adult education program is a 14-month, 52-week program consisting of classroom, theory, laboratory, and clinical experience. The LPN to RN diploma program at Miami Valley Career Technology Center Adult Education prepares the LPN to build upon current skills to complete the education requirements needed for a successful transition as a Registered Nurse. Upon successful completion of the registered nurse program, students are eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). An RN is a key member of the healthcare team that cares for acutely or chronically ill or injured patients or persons with disabilities in hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, private homes, group homes, and similar institutions.
Goals of the Registered Nurse Program:
- Applies nursing concepts, critical thinking, and clinical reasoning based on biopsychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and spiritual aspects of individual patients across the life span.
- Utilizes the nursing process in providing safe, prudent care to meet patients’ human needs.
- Integrates theory of injury, disability and disease processes in relationship to the biopsychosocial, cultural, ethnic and spiritual health needs of the individual patient, utilizing adaptation methods.
- Demonstrates competency in critical thinking, and clinical reasoning in the performance of clinical nursing skills.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal relationships with patients, peers and members of the health care team.
- Recognizes the importance of professional growth by acquiring knowledge and skills through continuing education.
- Meets all requirements for application for licensure by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
- Consistently demonstrates professional behavior as a member of the health care team, recognizing the importance of adhering to the registered nurse code of ethics.
- Demonstrates delegation of nursing tasks in accordance with Chapter 4723-13 of the Ohio Board of Nursing Administrative Code.
LPN to RN Transition, Introduction to Pharmacology, Nursing Informatics, Adult Nursing 1, 2, & 3, Pharmacology, Community Health Nursing, Maternal-Child Nursing, Nursing Care of the Child, Professional Transitions 1 & 2, Capstone/NCLEX Review, Clinical Rotations.
Adult Health Occupations Coordinator
- Class Schedule
- Tuesday through Friday, 9 am - 3:30 pm (except for clinical days)
- Salary Range
- $53,370 and $75,330 annually Based on data from O*Net Online Based on data from O*Net Online
- Items needed to Enroll:
- • Attend an RN Diploma Information Session
- • U.S. High School Transcript (with Graduation Date) or General Educational Development (GED) Transcript
- • Official Transcript of Practical Nursing Program (with Graduation Date)
- • Copy of Valid LPN license with no restrictions or disciplinary action within the last 2 years
- • Copy of current CPR Card
- • Signed receipt for Background Check done at MVCTC
- • Observed Drug Screen from ARCpoint Lab
- • Emergency Information Form
- • Covid-19 Form
- • Physical Examination
- • Immunization: 2-Step TB Skin Test
- • Immunization: MMR Vaccine #1 and #2
- • Immunization: Varicella Vaccine #1 and #2 (Chickenpox)
- • Immunization: DT Vaccine (Tetanus)
- • Immunization: Hepatitis B Vaccine #1, #2, and #3
- • Immunization: Influenza Vaccine (Flu)
- • Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed FAFSA (Student Aid Report)
- • Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed Entrance Loan Counseling
- • Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed MPN (Master Promissory Note)
Industry Standard Certificates
- National Council Licensure Examination - RN (NCLEX-RN)