Darke County Economic Development Recognizes 20 Under 20 Award Winners for 2022
The 20 Under 20 Awards were developed to recognize students, educators, and businesses collaborating to help prepare the next generation of workers in our region. For consideration, nominees must be under the age of 20, a resident of Darke, Mercer, or Auglaize counties, and enrolled in high school, post-secondary education or adult education related to their career. Nominees must also be engaged in work-based learning, such as an apprenticeship, internship, co-op program, or other business/education partnership.
MVCTC Students recognized include:
- Arcanum-MVCTC Agriculture Program
- Entrepreneur: Haney’s Mowing & Landscaping LLC
- Educator: Mr. Brian Pohlman, Arcanum-MVCTC Agricultural Education Teacher
- Following graduation, Landon plans to continue to grow his business, farm with his family, and attend Edison State at Greenville in Agribusiness.
- Diesel Power Technologies Program from Ansonia
- Employer: Koenig Equipment
- Educator: Mr. Larry Siebel, MVCTC Diesel Power Technologies Program
- Jacob plans to continue working at Koenig Equipment and farm with his family. He will also be attending Owens Community College to complete the John Deere Tech Program, sponsored by Koenig.
- Construction Carpentry Program from Mississinawa Valley
- Employer: Ansonia Lumber
- Educator: Mr. Kelly Kramer, MVCTC Construction Carpentry Program
- Gracie plans to continue working after high school.