MVCTC Adult Education Heavy Equipment Operations Program starts March 7, 2023, in the new Heavy Equipment lab on the MVCTC Hoke Road Campus.
Call 937-854-6297, today to enroll!
The Adult Heavy Equipment Operations program prepares students with technical knowledge and skills to operate and maintain various types of heavy equipment.
Students will learn to operate power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, shovels, tractors, or front-end loaders to excavate, move, and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavement. In addition, students learn to repair and maintain equipment and locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, before beginning work.
The Miami Valley CTC Heavy Equipment Operations program follows the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) curriculum. Upon successful completion, students earn NCCER certification. NCCER’s instructor certification process, standardized curriculum, assessment, student certification, and national registry is an industry leader for adult workforce education.
ACT WorkKeys Levels required for admission: Workplace Documents Level 4; Applied Mathematics Level 4; Graphic Literacy Level 4
- Know the necessary health and safety practices in the trade
- Perform operational techniques on numerous pieces of equipment
- Identify grades, grade stakes, and related tools
- Interpret civil drawings and related sitemaps
- Understand soil characteristics and solve related issues that may prevail
- Utilize necessary operations that increase work completion and efficiency
Courses Taught: CPR, OSHA 30, NCCER Core, Heavy Equipment Operations Level 1, Heavy Equipment Operations Level 2, Heavy Equipment Operations Level 3, CDL
- Class Schedule
- Tuesday through Thursday, 5:30 - 10:00 pm
- Program Costs
- $15,240 (Financial aid is available for those who qualify)
- Salary Range
- $36,400 - $81,500 annually Based on data from O*Net Online
For additional information about this career field, click here
- Meets Program Criteria on Work Force Training Assessment
- Drug Screen from ArcPoint Lab
- Emergency Information Form
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed FAFSA (Student Aid Report)
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed Loan Counseling
- Financial Aid -- Confirmation of Completed MPN (Master Promissory Note)
- Hocking College
- Sinclair Community College
Industry Standard Certificates
- NCCER (National Center for Construction Education & Research)