MVCTC Congratulates Five Staff Members on Retirement
Englewood, Ohio – Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) thanks five employees for their years of dedicated service to MVCTC students and the district mission. Theresa Andrews, Lou Ann Haburn, Linda Limbert, Larry Seibel, Mike Wilson, and Mary Wise announced their retirements during the 2022-2023 school year.
Please join us in congratulating this year’s retirees!
- Theresa Andrews, with 22 years at MVCTC, was hired in 2001. She has helped countless students during her tenure at MVCTC and, besides being a delightful person to work with, has been a mentor and role model to other staff members over her many years of service.
- Lou Ann Haburn has 19 years at MVCTC and 38 years in education. She has had a stellar career working with our students with disabilities, especially in Mathematics and Science. Lou Ann’s personality and exceptional dedication to the students she served will be missed.
- Larry Seibel, with 35 years teaching at MVCTC but almost 50 years of history with MCVJS/MVCTC. Larry started as a student at MCJVS. During his time at MVCTC, Mr. Seibel has served as an administrator and an instructor. He has also served his community for many years as a board of education member at Tri-County North. He has been a significant part of our successful FFA annual auction supporting the Ronald McDonald House in Dayton.
- Mike Wilson, with 35 years at MVCTC. Mike is a graduate of Tippecanoe High School, Class of 1978, and an MCJVS completer. Before his employment at MCJVS/MVCTC, Mr. Wilson worked at Delta Control as the lead service engineer and at Electrolet as an electronics technician. He was hired to teach the electronics program during the 1988-89 school year. During his 35 years at MCJVS/MVCTC, Mike has been a career-tech instructor, assisted with electives, and instructed students at Northmont. Mike has impacted countless lives throughout his career and has been a positive influence and role model regardless of his role in the district.
- Mary Wise, with 34-1/2 years at MVCTC, retired in December of 2022. She was an example of a dedicated staff member who cared about her colleagues and the students we serve.