MVCTC Retiree and Blood Cancer Survivor Motivates HOSA Chapter
Englewood, OH: The Miami Valley Career Technology Center (MVCTC) HOSA Chapters met on Friday, November 2, 2023. The junior HOSA Chapter met in the morning with guest speaker, MVCTC retiree and survivor of Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Mrs. Bev Wolfe. Mrs. Wolfe shared her harrowing story of survival from a brutal blood cancer and stated, “I would not be alive without donated blood.” Students then heard more about the upcoming blood drive scheduled on November 21, 2023, on the MVCTC campus.
The senior HOSA Chapter met in the afternoon and shared educational information about the importance of the blood drive and how it helps the community.
HOSA Junior Officers are
- President – Zachariah Clements (Health Occupations/Northmont)
- Vice President – Lacey Bowman (Pre-Nursing/Vandalia-Butler)
- VP Service - Bethany Thompson (Pre-Nursing/Northmont)
- VP Communications – Hailey Treadway (Dental Assisting/Carlisle)
- VP Career Awareness – Antonio Duran (Health Occupations/Tipp City)
- Secretary – Ella Dickerson (Medical Lab Assisting/Brookville)
- Reporter – Sarah Abner (Sports Medicine/Eaton)
- Editor – Alexa Hampton-Izor (Sports Medicine/Brookville)
- Treasurer - Brianna Steele (Pre-Nursing/New Lebanon)
- Parliamentarian – Amelia Wiggershaus (Biotechnology/Tipp City)
- Historian – Maleah Shepherd (Dental Assisting/Tipp City)
- Community Service Chair – Heather Spahn (Pre-Nursing/Carlisle)
- Competitive Event Chair – Lola McGhee (Biotechnology/Versailles)
- Gold Chapter Chair – Kaeden Brinley (Health Occupations/National Trail)
- School Service Chair – Raegan Fulton (Medical Lab Assisting/Milton-Union)
HOSA Senior Officers are
- President – John Graham (Pre-Nursing/Vandalia-Butler)
- Vice President – Luke Dolan (Pre-Nursing/Brookville)
- Secretary – Malea Padgitt (Medical Lab Assisting/Miami East)
- Reporter – Ayva Myers (Biotechnology/Bethel)
- Treasurer - Karoline Clevenger (Dental Assisting/Eaton)
- Parliamentarian – Raymond Lipps (Pre-Nursing/National Trail)
- Historian - Annabel Lozan (Dental Assisting/Vandalia-Butler)
- Editor - Sydney Finley (Medical Lab Assisting/Vandalia-Butler)
- Community Service Co-Chair – Hayden Schaffer (Medical Lab Assisting/Preble-Shawnee)
- Community Service Co-Chair – Arielle Kinney Pre-Nursing/Huber Heights)
- Career Awareness Co-Chair – Patrick Fileccia (Biotechnology/Valley View)
- Career Awareness Co-Chair – Olivia Helrigle (Biotechnology/Vandalia-Butler)
- Healthy Lifestyle Co-Chair - Alex Rader (Dental Assisting/Arcanum-Butler)
- Healthy Lifestyle Co-Chair – Rita Carey (Sports Medicine/Brookville)
HOSA Chapter advisors are Mrs. Jennifer Foudray and Mrs. Paula Wathen.
HOSA is a global student-led organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services and several federal and state agencies. HOSA’s mission is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community, through education, collaboration, and experience. HOSA actively promotes career opportunities in the health industry and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people. HOSA’s goal is to encourage all health science instructors and students to affiliate and be actively involved in the HSE-HOSA Partnership.
Learn more about HOSA at www.hosa.org.
The MVCTC is a leading educational institution that provides premier educational choices and advanced employment preparation for youth, adults, and organizations. MVCTC has proudly served the Miami Valley since 1971 and offers a wide range of programs that prepare students for successful careers in various fields.
For more information about MVCTC and its ongoing initiatives, please visit www.mvctc.com.
# # #