“Join the Business Ownership class and we will help you start and manage a successful business of your choice!”
- Mrs. Watts
- Develop your company Business Plan
- Learn what it takes to be a successful Entrepreneur
- Develop leadership, sales, and presentation skills
- Learn how to manage your company finances and employees
- Learn how to market your business
- Complete modules to develop your business idea, become proficient in Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and Access.
- Start a virtual business and compete with other classmates
- Potential to earn college credits and a Tech Prep Scholarship from Sinclair Community College
- Senior year options: Mentorship, Advanced Placement, prepare and run your business, or work at our student run credit union
Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business or being your own boss? Do you have a family business that you plan to take over some day or a great invention that you want to develop? If so, then the Business Ownership program may be the key to your future.
Did you know that more than 99% of all employers in the United States are small businesses?
Did you know that the national average yearly revenue of a small business is $3.6 million dollars? Small businesses are restarting our economy and you could have a piece of the pie.
In the Business Ownership Tech Prep class, you will learn many aspects to owning and managing your own business. We allow you the diversity to decide what business YOU want to start. Naming and designing your business, managing employees, keeping track of your finances using QuickBooks, and developing a web page are a few of the many things you will learn in the Business Ownership class. You will develop a real business plan to attain financing to start your business. This class will teach you how to market your business and treat your customers and employees well so that you remain a success for years to come.
Your senior year in the Business Ownership Tech Prep program has many exciting option that you can take advantage of as early as your 2nd quarter. They include: mentorship, advanced placement, preparing your business, or actually running your business!
If college is your goal, we are here to help! The Business Ownership Tech Prep class helps you earn college credits while attending MVCTC. We are a Tech Prep class, which means you could earn a scholarship to Sinclair Community College to complete your Associates Degree in business.
Starting a business requires determination, motivation, and know-how. Picture yourself following your dreams and being a part of the exciting world of Business Ownership!
For more information on this career field, check out the links below:SBAEntrepreneur