“The Cosmetology profession has endless opportunities and you get out of this career what you put into it!”
- Mrs. Beam, Mrs. Bir, Mrs. Millhouse & Ms. Norvell
- Learn hair styling, braiding, scalp treatments, manicuring, pedicuring, permanent waving, chemical hair services, hair coloring, and facial treatments
- Work in an operational salon that is open to the public
- Opportunity to graduate with Ohio Cosmetology Board License
- Potential to earn college credits and a Tech Prep Scholarship from Sinclair Community College
The Cosmetology profession has endless opportunities. The MVCTC Cosmetology program teaches the basics of the profession. This is a program mandated by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology. The goal of the lab is to prepare students for the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology Exam, which is taken at the end of their senior year. After passing this exam, students will receive their Cosmetology license to work in this career.
The Cosmetology program will give students knowledge in hair styling, braiding, scalp treatments, manicuring, pedicuring, permanent waving, chemical hair services, hair coloring, and facial treatments. In the state-of-the-art Cosmetology lab, students learn beauty salon management skills and work in a real salon environment. Cosmetology students also are given the opportunity to learn the theory behind several of the salon processes by taking program-related academic classes in science. Students complete other various creative projects and participate in competitions.
After receiving their Cosmetology license, students have the ability to work in salons, day spas, nail salons, cruise ships, become salon owners and make-up artists. All academic classes and Cosmetology classes must be passed before taking the exam.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
This shows the % of job growth expected in these careers through the year 2020. To learn more about these careers, click on the names below.
Industry Standard Certificates
- State Cosmetology License
Based on the most recent Ohio State Report Card Data for this MVCTC Career Technical Program
- 91% of students were working, in college, or the military one-year after completing this program
"When I graduate, I will have my Ohio State Board of Cosmetology License, and I plan on working in a salon while attending college."
- Eryn Hayes
Click here for more program pictures
Click here to download the program brochure
For more information on this career field, check out the links below:Cosmetology Careers