ASSISTANT LANDSCAPE DESINGER
CompanyGrunder Landscaping CO
1900 Old Byers Road
Miamisburg, OH 45324
(937) 847-8000 Full Time
An Assistant Landscape Designer at Grunder Landscaping Co. (GLC) is responsible for supporting the Landscape Designers and LandKeeping Consultants by providing CAD and estimation assistance. The Assistant Landscape Designer is responsible for creating base maps of clients’ properties, transposing takeoffs and design sketches from salespeople and consultants into CAD drawings, preparing designs for presentation, and performing other supportive services pertaining to CAD.
This position reports to the Lead Landscape Designer and does not supervise any employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s or associate degree in Landscape Architecture, Landscape Design, or Landscape Horticulture with an emphasis in Landscape Design
Strong knowledge of computer-aided drafting (CAD)
Must be familiar with, or able to quickly learn Microsoft Office, Outlook, SharePoint, and OneNote
Applicant must be able to execute tasks quickly and efficiently
A sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
Time management and the ability to track one’s own hours
Good organizational, follow-up and self-motivation skills
Must be able to organize daily tasks and complete with some management.
Ability to accept constructive criticism regarding design technique
Must be flexible and willing to make changes to designs at the request of the designers and consultants
Strong knowledge of plant material for Ohio
Knowledge of VectorWorks CAD software
2 years’ experience working in a design capacity with a landscaping or architecture firm
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Valid Ohio driver’s license that is not currently suspended or revoked (driving record must meet the insurance carrier’s policy requirements and Grunder Landscaping Co. driving standard
POSITION DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
1. Monitor email, phone calls and text messages for requests from designers and consultants
2. Track projects to be done, prioritize by urgency / importance (manually/software)
3. Communicate with designers and consultants regularly regarding progress on open projects
4. Monitor sales pipelines and project status to anticipate future projects
5. Create base maps from take-offs provided by designers
6. Transpose concept sketches / ‘bubble drawings’ from designers and consultants into CAD
7. Provide design ideas to designers and consultants when requested
8. Create presentation-ready plans and documents
9. Draft dimensional and layout plans
10. Draft construction details
11. Provide graphic assistance when needed for presentations
12. Input elements from plans into estimation software (i.e., quantities of plants, mulch, pavers, etc.)
13. Track hours worked and report to supervisor
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Requires constant contact with candidates, coworkers, and the public. Work is normally performed in air-conditioned/heated facility. Majority of work is performed at a desk. May require visits to outdoor job sites periodically.
This position requires full-time hours Monday through Friday, in addition to extended workdays and weekend work as needed. This position also requires regular, punctual attendance. All work for this position must be performed on-site at GLC customer properties or at GLC company offices.
Days / Hours
Pay Range & Benefits
$19-$22 per hour
How to ApplySend Resume
Urgency of Position