“This program gives students practical experience on how a medical office works. From private practices to large hospitals, a competent office administrator ensures the efficiency of the office.”
- Mr. Sink
- Study office technology, Microsoft Office software, medical records management, medical reports, medical office procedures, medical terminology, and medical office software
- Participate in hands-on office simulations to gain real-world experience
- Potential to earn college credits and a Tech Prep Scholarship from Sinclair Community College
- Potential to earn CPR/First Aid Certification
The MVCTC Medical Office Management program is designed to give students practical experience on how the administrative section of a medical office works. From private practices to large hospitals, a competent office administrator ensures that patient information is accurate, billing is correct, records are maintained, and appointments are scheduled and maintained to maximize the efficiency of the office.
The MVCTC Medical Office Management students run a simulated medical office to experience scheduling appointments on the computer, maintaining patient records, and corresponding with insurers, patients and other medical facilities. Medical terminology is integrated into all activities and it is suggested that students take Anatomy and Physiology to provide a solid background for any medical position. In addition to hands-on administrative projects, and students earn their CPR certification.
Students who successfully complete the MVCTC Medical Office Management program can provide general administrative office functions or specialize as transcriptionists, billing specialists, coding specialists, insurance processors or records managers. Tech Prep students may earn a scholarship to further their professional development at Sinclair Community College.
Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
This shows the % of job growth expected in these careers through the year 2020. To learn more about these careers, click on the names below.
Based on the most recent Ohio State Report Card Data for this MVCTC Career Technical Program
- 86% of students were working, in college, or the military one-year after completing this program
Click here for more program pictures
Click here to download the program brochure
For more information on this career field, check out the links below:Medical Office Careers